Go Back   Provoscooter.com | Forums > New Vespa, Honda & Vento > Vento Scooters > All things Vento 150cc

Old 04-25-2007, 12:43 PM

Default GY6 tuning ?

To any and all of the GY6 tuners out there. Has any one tried the 4 valve head for the 150cc, or the 190cc performance top end kit? The 4 valve head looks sweet, but it doesn't say it will work on the big bore cylinders. The 190cc performance top end is cheaper, and since it is a performance cylinder,head and cam kit, I think it will produce more power. Any info is appreciated.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:47 PM

I'm interested in this info as well. Looking at getting a bigger 4 stroke scoot as a cruiser.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:07 PM

good question, but idk man. Hopefully someone else will.
KYMCO Cobra Cross 50 aka Top Boy.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Legacy Member

Mines a 4 Valve System beleave me it will have More Power then that
standard 2 Valve Stuff.

The More Vales the More Air.

Just Add what you Got with 2 and Add + that two times.

Elliott,
2007 Suzuki BurgmanTM 400 3337 Kmh - Orange LED Motorcycle Side Mudule Lights,12v,RLC-40 Red Light Changer Rear Back SuperBright Leds 3(Red)12v, J. Costa Variator,K&N Red Oil FIlter,Malossi Maxi Clutch (soon),PowerLine Inverter 200/400 Watt peak,Philips Stereo BoomBox AC 120v 60 hz,Insignia Pilot Player 5v,Fan Control Switch.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott
Mines a 4 Valve System beleave me it will have More Power then that
standard 2 Valve Stuff.

The More Vales the More Air.

Just Add what you Got with 2 and Add + that two times.

Elliott,
That doesn't make any sense. Do you have a 4v swap?
Old 04-26-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoringSpeed
That doesn't make any sense. Do you have a 4v swap?
Never mind, I take my question back. What you stated still doesn't make any sense, though.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:30 AM

I found some info from a guy that had a 161cc with the 4v head built for him. It had better acceleration but less top end. I think I am set on the 190cc high perf. kit with head and cam. It costs less any way.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINOGT
I found some info from a guy that had a 161cc with the 4v head built for him. It had better acceleration but less top end. I think I am set on the 190cc high perf. kit with head and cam. It costs less any way.
When are you planning on purchasing the kit?
Old 04-26-2007, 01:14 PM

As soon as I sell my Triton,I will buy the Retro 150. I plan on breaking it in for a month or so, then adding a bunch of performance parts. I don't want to be without the scoot for any amount of time this summer with stupid gas prices, so I may wait till winter to pull the engine since I have to bore out the case for the bigger cylinder. So it may be a while before I buy the 190cc top end kit.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:26 PM

This is my total plan for the scoot:
32mm carb
alloy big intake manifold
K&N style air filter
racing cdi unit
hi output coil
hi flow fan
Iridium spark plug
racing vario
sliding rollers
1k clutch springs
1k torque spring
Hi flow carbon pipe
190cc cylinder
hi comp head
hi rpm cam
With a stock rating of 9hp, adding almost 25% more cc's and all the performance parts, I expect at least 11hp. Maybe even 12-13 with the higher rpm range from all the add ons. I have heard of up to 14hp out of these engines. But I haven't done this yet, so it all remains to be seen, but this is the plan so far.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:09 PM

Why not get a good stroker, get the piston and cylinder ceramic coated and run a very small turbo set up. Get an AFR gauge and a wide band O2 sensor so you can tune. Reliable boosted 4 stroke.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:34 PM

Seriously... You could build an amazing setup with a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) TD02 Turbo. It's specs say it's for a 250cc engine but we could get it to spool no problem. The wideband O2 sensor and air to fuel ratio gauge along with different jets and you'd have it tuned in no time. I am seriously considering getting a 150cc Vento and doing just this. Because it's awesome and I like to tinker and also because it is affordable. Maybe not quite as affordable as getting a bigger bike in the first place but it would none the less be cool. We're not talking high boost, either. Oh the possibilities.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Why not get a good stroker, get the piston and cylinder ceramic coated and run a very small turbo set up. Get an AFR gauge and a wide band O2 sensor so you can tune. Reliable boosted 4 stroke.
This also = a stupid amount of money spent. I'm trying to stay under $2k invested in the scoot. Now that I look into it more, I may just keep it 150cc, try the 4 valve head with a good pipe, and port match and polish everything.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINOGT
This also = a stupid amount of money spent. I'm trying to stay under $2k invested in the scoot. Now that I look into it more, I may just keep it 150cc, try the 4 valve head with a good pipe, and port match and polish everything.
One mans stupid is another mans hobby. It really wouldn't be all that expensive if you did it right.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
One mans stupid is another mans hobby. It really wouldn't be all that expensive if you did it right.

I agree, that would be way cool. I have a Honda CBR and my scooter... And I enjoy modding out the scoot more than the CBR.

Get a big bore kit with porting and then a stroker on it. Maybe 200cc and new intake / exhaust set up then pop that turbo on it, wow, that would be a blast for city riding.... Have the turbo spool up just as the CVT hooks up real well, wow, wheelies like non other!
KYMCO Cobra Cross 50 aka Top Boy.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:24 PM

All the turbo talk is great and all, but it's way OT from my original post and doesn't help me any. Can we get back to any info on the 4 valve head and the 190cc top end kit, if any one has any experience with them?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:58 AM
Noob

tryin to find the torque settings for the cam shaft for kymco agility 50 changing to perfomance cam need to know the settings HELP!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Official Rep
Admin

you can find the service manual for the super 8 50 here: http://www.provoscooter.com/wiki/dok...=manuals:start

The specs should be the same. good luck
Old 07-30-2009, 08:55 PM

Default poor mans head

are you, like me, too poor for this thread??
if not please send me your old head, piston, jugs. cdi, coil, ect. I have to figure out how to use this stuff to my advantage.. can't afford new..
i am working on port and polish. I allready did the carb (yes, polish the carb) and am working on polishing the intake manifold. (those ain't cheap) and then the head. I might even polish the inside of head and piston. What? That would lover the compression??!! yea, i know. I run propane and need lower compression. Its polish my head (hahaha) or hand cut a copper head gasket. I will need to do both for a hyrdogen engine.
Oh yea, topic. my only opinion on the 4 valve head is i have 1 extra 2v head to polish and 1 on my bike now and thats the most valves i'll ever have. can't afford all them fancy parts.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Noob

need help with the head of 4 valves i got a head of 2 valves worked by omar here in pr and he make a work of install valves of toyota echo and springs of factory because aftermarket springs make more friction and are harder to open
Old 09-24-2009, 07:21 PM
///BANNED/

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINOGT View Post
This is my total plan for the scoot:
32mm carb
alloy big intake manifold
K&N style air filter
racing cdi unit
hi output coil
hi flow fan
Iridium spark plug
racing vario
sliding rollers
1k clutch springs
1k torque spring
Hi flow carbon pipe
190cc cylinder
hi comp head
hi rpm cam
With a stock rating of 9hp, adding almost 25% more cc's and all the performance parts, I expect at least 11hp. Maybe even 12-13 with the higher rpm range from all the add ons. I have heard of up to 14hp out of these engines. But I haven't done this yet, so it all remains to be seen, but this is the plan so far.
11 hp for 190cc? i have a 146 engine that produces around 17 and all that money for 11 hp? your nuts

second less speed with more valves? sounds like your tune isnt right
Old 09-30-2009, 04:23 AM

X7 four stroke guys cant tune its not in them like us 2 stroke guys. LOL jk guys but only 11 hp you can get 11.5 HP from a Malossi MHR BBK on a zuma!

2005 Zuma Team Yamaha Blue
1974 RD-250 Sold
1987 FZ700 Fazer with 4-1 Vance and Hines exhaust
Stage 6 modular race liquid cooled, Stage 6 R1200 exhaust, 21mm Black PHBG Dellorto racing edition carb, Malossi Over range kit! Malossi Delta Clutch and wing bell w/blue clutch springs,Malossi VL12 reed cage with CF reeds,Malossi Brake pads, Stage 6 multimeter (Tach,temp and hourmeter), Str8 water pump and housing, Stage 6 Chrome Kick Starter,Genuine Yamaha Bar Ends.Dual Headlight Mod,Michelin Bopper front and Pirelli SL26 Rear,Motul 800 double ester oil, BR9EIX , PRE-MIX, If you don't have a full race setup run stock airbox! if you don't you are a noobtard
Team provo moderator, keep on scootin "scooter troops"
Old 09-30-2009, 09:43 AM
///BANNED/

the sad thing is the gy6 engines make around 9 to 10 hp stock...
Old 09-30-2009, 01:20 PM

Well gy6 has some perks...

2005 Zuma Team Yamaha Blue
1974 RD-250 Sold
1987 FZ700 Fazer with 4-1 Vance and Hines exhaust
Stage 6 modular race liquid cooled, Stage 6 R1200 exhaust, 21mm Black PHBG Dellorto racing edition carb, Malossi Over range kit! Malossi Delta Clutch and wing bell w/blue clutch springs,Malossi VL12 reed cage with CF reeds,Malossi Brake pads, Stage 6 multimeter (Tach,temp and hourmeter), Str8 water pump and housing, Stage 6 Chrome Kick Starter,Genuine Yamaha Bar Ends.Dual Headlight Mod,Michelin Bopper front and Pirelli SL26 Rear,Motul 800 double ester oil, BR9EIX , PRE-MIX, If you don't have a full race setup run stock airbox! if you don't you are a noobtard
Team provo moderator, keep on scootin "scooter troops"
Old 09-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Official Rep
Admin

A lot of really good scooters use the GY6 Engine. Kymco is a great example. There are also pieces of crap with two wheels that use the GY6. So you just have be careful.