Go Back   Provoscooter.com | Forums > New Vespa, Honda & Vento > Vento Scooters > General Vento Questions

Old 04-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Noob

Default Triton GT5 Gauge Problem

I just picked up a 2006 Vento Triton GT5 last Saturday, and everything's been great.

Yesterday, I noticed a problem with the gauges. The speedometer reads a constant 00 and does not display the odometer either. The tachometer on the other hand is working fine.

Before I have to go down to the dealer, I was wondering if there's anything I should check.

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:19 AM

Just have the cluster replaced. It seems to be a common problem on the GT5 model. I had mine replaced also. It's been fine since then.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:59 PM

Unhappy

It is definitely a problem in the gauges. I am on my third one and even it acts up radomly. I am awaiting a reply from Vento USA now. I am thinking about installing the cluster from a regular Triton r4i as my tach is going crazy mostly and I can live without the tack but not the speedometer. They should replace it under warranty. I have heard of a lot of folks having this problem but I seem to be the only one that new ones keep failing. Otherwise a great scooter. Good luck.

Mike
Old 04-20-2006, 02:26 AM

I just installed my stage one and now the tach starts to drop off right around 9900-10,000 rpm. It just starts rolling back and stops at zero.
2005 Vento Triton GT5 - Polini Corsa/R, Polini EVO crank, RS Pipe, Arreche 19mm, Needle clip in middle, 100 main jet, Polini EVO Variator and finned outer pulley, Malossi Yellow Torque Spring, Malossi Carbon Fiber Reeds w/spacer, Delta Clutch w/red springs, Wing Bell, 5gm weights
Old 04-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Noob

I bought my gt5 back in june of 2005. The digital gauges went out after the first week. Then the fuel sensor broke. Luckily each item was under warantee