Go Back   Provoscooter.com | Forums > New Vespa, Honda & Vento > Vento Scooters > Vento Performance

Old 09-20-2005, 02:46 AM
Noob

Default Vento Triton GT5

Anybody have experience with this bike?

They sell it here:

WWW.READ-TOS-NO-LINKS.COM

It looks so awesome. For the price, I bet it's a great deal. They have free shipping on this site. This is the coolest looking moped/scooter that I have seen in this price range.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by marylandmark; 09-20-2005 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:08 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseheadz
Anybody have experience with this bike?

They sell it here:

It looks so awesome. For the price, I bet it's a great deal. They have free shipping on this site. This is the coolest looking moped/scooter that I have seen in this price range.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Yes I have the GT5 Triton and I bought it from that location. Overall I am very pleased with the scooter. I have only had slight issues with the abls brake and the digital instrument cluster. I just emailed Frankie (the manager at that site) and he said he would be sending me a new cluster shortly. The brake issue is not a real serious one but an annoyounce. The braked squeal on the disk. I had a simular issue with my Zuma. I think better pad are the answer. The quality of the Vento line seems very good and I am cruising at 48 to 52 and getting 62 mpg and I weigh 200 lbs. Go for it and good luck.

Last edited by speedy_scooter; 09-20-2005 at 02:30 PM. Reason: removed quoted link
Old 09-20-2005, 01:09 PM

I also have a Triton gt5, I am very pleased with it. My only problem was the cluster, but I have received the replacement and have had no problems since with over 500 miles on it. I can cruise at 50-52 mph and have had it up to 56 mph on a flat road. I weigh 160 and get 97 mpg consistently so I can't complain there. My only mods are a vented tranny case and an iridium spark plug.

*A J*
Old 09-21-2005, 01:38 AM
Noob

Is there a way to place a speed restrictor on this bike? This bike is a bit too fast for where I will be using it, but it offers the torque that I need since I'm about 245 lbs. I was thinking that it would be nice to have the restrictor, but I'd like to be able to easily take the restrictor off. Thnx.
-Base
Old 09-21-2005, 10:08 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseheadz
Is there a way to place a speed restrictor on this bike? This bike is a bit too fast for where I will be using it, but it offers the torque that I need since I'm about 245 lbs. I was thinking that it would be nice to have the restrictor, but I'd like to be able to easily take the restrictor off. Thnx.
-Base
The bike come with a carb restrictor to install if you want it. The best speed restrictor is you right hand and the restraint to use it. As far as torque goes, you are not going to have break neck acceleration on the bottom end. This seems to be sacrificed for the higher top end. I think my stock 05 Zuma will walk off and leave my GT5 in the first 100 feet but seeing how its top speed on the flat may ? reach 42 the GT5 will walk away from it. JMHO.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Asset to the Forum

Yea, I havent heard this one before, "is there some restrictor I can put in to slow it down??" Like what Iceman said, just use the throttle less.
2004 Triton Mods: Polini AC Evo, Yasuni C20 Exhaust, 28mm OKO Carb, Malossi Piaggio Manifold, Kiesler Wig, Koso Reedcage, Polini Evolution Variator, Polini 14/41 Gears, Polini OverRange Pulleys, Polini 2G, Polini Speedbell, Malossi Jog O/R Belt, Michelin Pilot SC tires, PRE-MIXED

2004 Zip R3i Mods: Polini Corsa/R Cylinder, Polini For Race Pipe, 19mm Arreche Carb, Polini Carbon Fiber Reedcage, Koso Vari, Koso 3-Shoe Clutch, Polini Clutch Bell, Polini Kevlar Belt, PRE-MIXED

Pictures of My Bikes
Old 10-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Noob

Default Trying to find the website to purchase a GT5

WWW.READ-TOS-NO-LINKS.COM was quoted as a place to buy from. I tried the link with no luck. Is there a typo??

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2005, 10:05 PM

NO for some reason your not allowed to post links, to anywhere. Or type them in.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Super poster

DO NOT USE LINKS YOU WILL BE BANNED
see most people do not actually read the Terms of Service when signing up with this forum, this has been discussed over and over and im really sick of having to tell people, just remember you only get one warning then you are banned

also do a search before you post, the gt5 had been discussed by owners of them before
Old 10-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Asset to the Forum

The reason that we say no links is because these forums are funded by the sales from Provoscooter.com If we go ahead and say yes to links to competing sites then we would be hurting the sales of Provoscooter. Its just much easier to say no links period. Thanks for following the TOS!
2004 Triton Mods: Polini AC Evo, Yasuni C20 Exhaust, 28mm OKO Carb, Malossi Piaggio Manifold, Kiesler Wig, Koso Reedcage, Polini Evolution Variator, Polini 14/41 Gears, Polini OverRange Pulleys, Polini 2G, Polini Speedbell, Malossi Jog O/R Belt, Michelin Pilot SC tires, PRE-MIXED

2004 Zip R3i Mods: Polini Corsa/R Cylinder, Polini For Race Pipe, 19mm Arreche Carb, Polini Carbon Fiber Reedcage, Koso Vari, Koso 3-Shoe Clutch, Polini Clutch Bell, Polini Kevlar Belt, PRE-MIXED

Pictures of My Bikes
Old 10-04-2005, 07:23 AM

Default Stage 2 Kit

What jet are you running on the kit 95? How fast does it go? Can you still run oil injection?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Asset to the Forum

I run the 95 main with my whole setup thats in my sig. I personally run my stock oil injector but we always have debates on if ya should or not. I just like that Rydah uses a stock injector on an MHR kit.

Pictures of My Bikes
Old 10-13-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Thanks

Speedy thanks for your help. It has helped me a lot. I haven't ridden my scooter with confidence since August. Now I feel pretty good about the set up.