Go Back   Provoscooter.com | Forums > Yamaha Scooters > Vino > Vino Style

Old 03-02-2010, 01:04 AM

Default scooter salvage yard

anyone heard of or know of a scooter salvage yard? Im trying to find used panels for another 02 vino i just bought. Thanks!
Polini Vari, Polini Kevlar Belt, Malossi Delta Clutch+ Winged Bell w/Red Race Clutch Springs, Polini Torque Spring 15%. 65mph+
Old 03-02-2010, 12:28 PM

Their is a salvage yard near provo but that doesnt really do you any good maybe PM them or call provo and try to set something up. Believe me ive looked in my area! i think my closest one is in the florida keys.

2005 Zuma Team Yamaha Blue
1974 RD-250 Sold
1987 FZ700 Fazer with 4-1 Vance and Hines exhaust
Stage 6 modular race liquid cooled, Stage 6 R1200 exhaust, 21mm Black PHBG Dellorto racing edition carb, Malossi Over range kit! Malossi Delta Clutch and wing bell w/blue clutch springs,Malossi VL12 reed cage with CF reeds,Malossi Brake pads, Stage 6 multimeter (Tach,temp and hourmeter), Str8 water pump and housing, Stage 6 Chrome Kick Starter,Genuine Yamaha Bar Ends.Dual Headlight Mod,Michelin Bopper front and Pirelli SL26 Rear,Motul 800 double ester oil, BR9EIX , PRE-MIX, If you don't have a full race setup run stock airbox! if you don't you are a noobtard
Team provo moderator, keep on scootin "scooter troops"
Old 03-02-2010, 05:33 PM

yeah, i need a new front shield... bad...

Jeff?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:52 PM

If you are planning to paint, don't rule out repairing cracked panels. I have done a few repairs on my scoot, using both a plastic welding technique, and plain old epoxy (followed by bondo and sanding). There are commercially available plastic welding outfits, and also a technique that involves nothing more than a soldering gun. I used that technique and substituted a pencil torch, which proved to be too hot. Here is a good writeup on the process: http://chinesescoots.forumwise.com/c...hread3986.html
Old 03-02-2010, 07:52 PM

another idea if you decide to repair your panels is using fiberglass mat and pvc pipe cement (like what you use to put together sprinkler systems). i just clean the area being repair and scuff it up a little bit, then put a coat of the pvc cement on, then put on a layer of fiberglass mat and repeat 2-3 times.
when its fully mended (about 3-4 days) its good as new if not better.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:37 PM

I was originally going to do fiberglass and resin (never knew about the PVC cement method), but I had zip ties and heat, don't have any fiberglass mat. I wound up reinforcing my repair with the 87cent clear harbor freight epoxy because the open flame torch I used made the repair brittle. That fiberglass and cement idea is pretty good to reinforce any repair.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Super poster

Location: on a island 35 mi N of seattle,wa real nice for riding ur scoot!!!

pvc cement is for abs plastic which is what
the body parts are made from

oilyhans
1500 rpm clutch springs.
42mph
2005 veniceLX unrestricted~43 mph
NOW with 70cc ,upjet both idle & main,
springs ~46
2005 Triton R4 unrestricted
50 mph & mine no more.

Scooter Dealer for Adly,TGB &TNG
Tuning parts
Mod &Speed parts

Leo Vince pipes
PmTuning parts
Old 03-02-2010, 09:07 PM

But i want a New...Used Front Leg Guard... I decided i like the color of my scoot...
Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM

Your best bet may in fact be your local dealer. At the very least, getting a quote on a new part will give you a basis for what a used part should cost. Shipping is going to be pricey on a panel that large.
Provo can obtain factory Yamaha parts. But then you have the shipping.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:41 PM

I Used to resin kits and such when i used to build models and Polystyrene cement will work but ABS you will need pvc cement which is SLIGHTLY different but pretty much the same kinda and heat. This thread will be stickied.

1974 RD-250 Sold
Stage 6 modular race liquid cooled, Stage 6 R1200 exhaust, 21mm Black PHBG Dellorto racing edition carb, Malossi Over range kit! Malossi Delta Clutch and wing bell w/blue clutch springs,Malossi VL12 reed cage with CF reeds,Malossi Brake pads, Stage 6 multimeter (Tach,temp and hourmeter), Str8 water pump and housing, Stage 6 Chrome Kick Starter,Genuine Yamaha Bar Ends.Dual Headlight Mod,Michelin Bopper front and Pirelli SL26 Rear,Motul 800 double ester oil, BR9EIX , PRE-MIX, If you don't have a full race setup run stock airbox! if you don't you are a noobtard
Old 03-04-2010, 06:23 AM

Zeon, maybe we should add a link for the Scooter Lounge for those who can take advantage of their "graveyard." I don't believe that would be a TOS violation.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:30 PM

I dont see that being a problem.

1974 RD-250 Sold
Old 03-12-2010, 02:20 PM

OK, here it is: http://www.thescooterlounge.com/ They have an extensive "scooter graveyard" onsite - replete with Vino panels.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:26 PM

I've tried the scooterlounge but they have no vino panels right now, if i remember correctly they do have a vino frame....... best of luck somedaypilot. think i gonna have to go new....its pricey...

my orignal leg shield is done, be on repairs. i would of fixed it myself but i said screw it too much work......
Polini Vari, Polini Kevlar Belt, Malossi Delta Clutch+ Winged Bell w/Red Race Clutch Springs, Polini Torque Spring 15%. 65mph+
Old 03-12-2010, 07:09 PM

Meh... Wait for Ebay i guess... hehe
Old 03-12-2010, 07:58 PM

Someday - in your case you stated you needed the legshield. That's $300 or so from the dealer (I recently checked), a tough nut to crack when you paid less than that for the bike, as I remember. Good luck to both of you in finding a suitable used replacement.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:40 PM

I do know this... Need to get the thing working before cosmetics...
I have a good friend who could infact fix the cracks for me. But then it would need painted, and if im painting it, I will do the whole thing... Meh...

Gotta get it working first.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:43 AM

Yeah worry about it working first and then aesthetics. I just remembered that scooterlounge and provo are very close to each other geographically and J~ and G~scoot know them personally lol. So im double sure they arent going to have a problem with the link LOL.

I might be able to fix your panel if you mail it to me..... Let me see some pics to see if its saveable....Im pretty good with my large exacto line and patience with PVC and Polystyrene cement...pays to build lots of gundam and plane models....still have em all too.

1974 RD-250 Sold