Go Back   Provoscooter.com | Forums > The Website > Website News & Info > Forum News & Updates

Old 03-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Official Rep
Admin

Default Store-Forum Login Integration

We've been working a lot lately on improving the continuity of the site. Our first major step toward this is the integration of our store and forum logins. As of last night you can now associate your forum login credentials with the store so that when you login you are logged in to both.

For a more detailed description please refer to my blog post here.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:49 AM

Already know and love it Good work this is something that needed to be done and will help people realize "hey there is ALOT of support" if i buy this part and so forth.

2005 Zuma Team Yamaha Blue
1974 RD-250 Sold
1987 FZ700 Fazer with 4-1 Vance and Hines exhaust
Stage 6 modular race liquid cooled, Stage 6 R1200 exhaust, 21mm Black PHBG Dellorto racing edition carb, Malossi Over range kit! Malossi Delta Clutch and wing bell w/blue clutch springs,Malossi VL12 reed cage with CF reeds,Malossi Brake pads, Stage 6 multimeter (Tach,temp and hourmeter), Str8 water pump and housing, Stage 6 Chrome Kick Starter,Genuine Yamaha Bar Ends.Dual Headlight Mod,Michelin Bopper front and Pirelli SL26 Rear,Motul 800 double ester oil, BR9EIX , PRE-MIX, If you don't have a full race setup run stock airbox! if you don't you are a noobtard
Team provo moderator, keep on scootin "scooter troops"
Old 03-12-2010, 01:29 PM

Very cool. Any way to put an easier way to access the Wiki and other such info from the Forum. Lke maybe one of those drop down menus in the bar that has user CP, Photos, Garage, FAQ, etc? Or is it already there somewhere, and I'm missing it?
Old 03-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Official Rep
Admin

Yes, there is a way we could do that. In a few weeks the site will have a new design with a constant header whether you are in the store, forum, or wiki. With that header all of the menu items will be easily accessible. I'll probably just wait until that is done as opposed to opposed to adding one to the forum. The wiki really needs a lot of work in general, but that will definitely help out.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Official Rep
Admin

Good news. I found an integration for VBulletin and mediawiki. The good news is that the integration is really slick and will work really well. The bad news is we'll probably have to transfer all of the current content in the wiki by hand. Its not super organized anyway, so it may actually be a good opportunity to figure it out as we go instead of doing a straight import.

Once we get the new design up with the new integration I think the wiki will really take off. The wiki is a lot different than the forum and really lends itself to different types of content--more permanent content.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Official Rep
Admin

PS. Hey blackbomber, when did you sneak past me in the post count, lol. Good work buddy!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:13 AM

Lightbulb

I was thinking another good thing to integrate would be a forum based Part lookup and suggestion form. A dedicated sub forum to just part suggestions. Also good job blackbomber you have passed me as well! Grrrr

I have passed you almost mr J~scoot soon my friend soon...bwahahahahahaha

Also I remember talking to you about doing the wiki porting and im super pumped about that happening. If Blackbomber and myself can help let us know and set us to it.

2005 Zuma Team Yamaha Blue
1974 RD-250 Sold
1987 FZ700 Fazer with 4-1 Vance and Hines exhaust
Stage 6 modular race liquid cooled, Stage 6 R1200 exhaust, 21mm Black PHBG Dellorto racing edition carb, Malossi Over range kit! Malossi Delta Clutch and wing bell w/blue clutch springs,Malossi VL12 reed cage with CF reeds,Malossi Brake pads, Stage 6 multimeter (Tach,temp and hourmeter), Str8 water pump and housing, Stage 6 Chrome Kick Starter,Genuine Yamaha Bar Ends.Dual Headlight Mod,Michelin Bopper front and Pirelli SL26 Rear,Motul 800 double ester oil, BR9EIX , PRE-MIX, If you don't have a full race setup run stock airbox! if you don't you are a noobtard
Team provo moderator, keep on scootin "scooter troops"

Last edited by zeonsredcomet; 03-13-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j~scoot View Post
PS. Hey blackbomber, when did you sneak past me in the post count
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonsredcomet View Post
blackbomber you have passed me as well...
It's because I have no life.
In reality, I was granted my Moderator status, and began college on the SAME DAY. If it wasn't for the MOD invitation, I'd probably not be spending so much time surfing recreationally (i.e. not posting here nearly as much). Since needing to review my areas, though, I'm still here. It's probably a good thing, though. Keeps me balanced.

As I'm sure it's evident, I'm looking forward to seeing the Wiki become a more integral part of the forum, and watching (helping) it grow.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:36 AM
Noob

oh, so cool, i like it very much!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:31 AM

I tried earlier this evening to log into the site via the store & could not. However, I received a msg from the, "Perpetual, Pointless...." thread and was able to log in through that....Then, I did a shortcut to my desktop, which fixed it....

1980 Kawasaki KZ250 ltd

2010 Ural-T Motorcycle

"You never need a loaded weapon, until you need one Very Badly!" Sfc Hugh Lispcomb- Senior Drill Instructor, "Charlie 4-2" Ft.Leonard Wood, Mo. April 1974...
Old 09-14-2012, 09:50 AM

So is the store-forum integration still available? I don't have the option to integrate the two...
2002 Bajaj Chetak
1983 Yamaha Riva 180
1979 Vespa P125X(150cc top end)
1966 Yamaha MG1T 80cc Omaha Trail
(sold scooters)
2007 Vino125cc, 2005 Tank Urban 50(72cc kit installed)
2004 Honda Passport, 1987 Honda Elite CH80
1984 Honda Trail 110, 1983 Honda Passport C70(88cc installed)
1979 Honda Trail 90(125cc installed)