Go Back   Provoscooter.com | Forums > Video Area > Video area

Old 11-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Asset to the forum

Default Scooter drag racing in the Philippines

let me share how we race our scooters in the Philippines, you may find this video a bit disturbing as it's chaotic but what's you expect from a 3rd world country?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAT33nlyU1Y
50cc class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSXWT8-69t8
90cc class

our rider is the one wearing the red shirt.

hope you enjoy these 2, there's still 1 more to finsh of this damned windows movie maker stops crashing on me when i am about to finsh editing.

Yamaha Aerox R
MHR Team 6T 70cc (max tuned) + MHR Team Crank + SKF 6204 TN9 C3 bearings + Malossi VL12 reedvalves + Yasuni C21 exhaust pipe + Keihin PWK28 carb + PVL digital inner rotor ignition + Polini Evo SS9 vario kit + Malossi Kevlar belt + Polini 128mm rear pulley + Malossi red vario spring + MHR blue clutchsprings + Delta clutch + Wing bell+ Polini 15/42 gear kit + Malossi RS24 rear damper + Bridgestone Racing Battlax tires

my "humble" trackday toy, 90+mph.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Official Rep
Admin

Great videos. In those the 50cc almost looks faster than the 90cc? Those things take off like a rocket. I especially enjoyed the fish tailing from the 50cc video!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:44 PM
///BANNED/

if given a errection for more then 4 hours please consult a doctor.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Asset to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by j~scoot View Post
Great videos. In those the 50cc almost looks faster than the 90cc? Those things take off like a rocket. I especially enjoyed the fish tailing from the 50cc video!
my rider is taking it real easy with our 78cc scooter as we encounter too much wheelspin if he pin it at WOT during takeoff & we lose precious time trying find traction, also the 78cc frame is justa modifed Jog frame & it has shorter wheelbase & high center of gravity, if the tire suddenly finds grip it will wheelie for sure. a custom drag frame is currently under construction fo the 2Fast 78cc engine.

on the 50cc we have made the wheelbase longer & the frame longer so it has no tendency to wheelie so my rider can go full power takeoffs which is why it's accelerating quicker than the 90cc's off the line.

i'm trying to edit the videos for the open scooter class where we entered both the 50cc & 78cc drag scooters, my rider has had fear of wheelies bcoz of the 78cc scooter so with the 50cc he had to readjust his riding style with the longer & lower frame, he's sitting furtehr back now to get some weight over the rear tire for more traction during takeoff & it worked pretty well.

Yamaha Aerox R
MHR Team 6T 70cc (max tuned) + MHR Team Crank + SKF 6204 TN9 C3 bearings + Malossi VL12 reedvalves + Yasuni C21 exhaust pipe + Keihin PWK28 carb + PVL digital inner rotor ignition + Polini Evo SS9 vario kit + Malossi Kevlar belt + Polini 128mm rear pulley + Malossi red vario spring + MHR blue clutchsprings + Delta clutch + Wing bell+ Polini 15/42 gear kit + Malossi RS24 rear damper + Bridgestone Racing Battlax tires

Old 11-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Official Rep
Admin

Understood. I really like the concept of drag racing scooters. It seems like it would be a lot easier to get together something like this rather than finding a go kart track to rent for the day. I can see this catching on.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:14 AM
Asset to the forum

yes scooter drag racing will definitely be easier to organize & it will catch on much faster with the youth, think of how much they'll be spending on parts just to make them fast & competitive.

Yamaha Aerox R

Old 11-11-2009, 03:37 AM
Asset to the forum

here's more, Open scooter class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0P-WJsuMsc

Yamaha Aerox R

Old 11-11-2009, 11:02 AM

I really liked the vids overrev! I left some comments on youtube as well.

2005 Zuma Team Yamaha Blue
1974 RD-250 Sold
1987 FZ700 Fazer with 4-1 Vance and Hines exhaust
Stage 6 modular race liquid cooled, Stage 6 R1200 exhaust, 21mm Black PHBG Dellorto racing edition carb, Malossi Over range kit! Malossi Delta Clutch and wing bell w/blue clutch springs,Malossi VL12 reed cage with CF reeds,Malossi Brake pads, Stage 6 multimeter (Tach,temp and hourmeter), Str8 water pump and housing, Stage 6 Chrome Kick Starter,Genuine Yamaha Bar Ends.Dual Headlight Mod,Michelin Bopper front and Pirelli SL26 Rear,Motul 800 double ester oil, BR9EIX , PRE-MIX, If you don't have a full race setup run stock airbox! if you don't you are a noobtard
Team provo moderator, keep on scootin "scooter troops"
Old 11-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Asset to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonsredcomet View Post
I really liked the vids overrev! I left some comments on youtube as well.
thanks! much appreciated.

Yamaha Aerox R

Old 11-12-2009, 09:15 AM
///BANNED/

how much hp are those 50's running.? are there any aircooled dragsters?
Old 11-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Asset to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by X7rocks View Post
how much hp are those 50's running.? are there any aircooled dragsters?
most of the 50cc drag scooters are AC, we are the only team at the moment to run LC using a highly tuned MHR 50cc kit, we don't have dyno's here we only use ET's to gauge the perfromance of our scooters. right now our MHR 50cc powered Yamaha Cute dragster runs high 12's (unofficial) at 400m.

our 2Fast 78cc is a lot faster & quicker than that.

Yamaha Aerox R

Old 11-15-2009, 12:36 AM

Default Scooter drag racing in the Philippines

Why didnt you include the video where they were doing the burnouts?
Old 11-21-2009, 07:38 PM

Again, sick vids OverRev! Let's see those burnouts.

Shaved rear fender, integrated rear signals, no front signals, Dual Headlights, Stage 6 Rev counter, Pirelli SL26's

Athena Sport BBK, Ported case, Power 1 FC crank, Yasuni C16, Stage 6/Mototassinari V-Force 3 reed cage, OKO 21mm flatslide carb, running pre-mix, UNI filter, Doppler variable chamber boost bottle, lightened flywheel, Malossi Multivar vario - (27.3g), S6 R/T WingCooler Bell, Malossi Delta clutch 107mm- 8K engagement, Malossi yellow Contra w/Malossi Torsion Controller.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Asset to the forum

next time i'll include the burnouts, they're nothing special though, just quick burnouts, when it smokes we stop, tires are expensive you know.

Yamaha Aerox R

Old 11-22-2009, 12:49 PM

Me and my girlfriend watched your vids together and she said she wants a scooter now!!!! so keep em coming!

2005 Zuma Team Yamaha Blue
1974 RD-250 Sold
1987 FZ700 Fazer with 4-1 Vance and Hines exhaust
Stage 6 modular race liquid cooled, Stage 6 R1200 exhaust, 21mm Black PHBG Dellorto racing edition carb, Malossi Over range kit! Malossi Delta Clutch and wing bell w/blue clutch springs,Malossi VL12 reed cage with CF reeds,Malossi Brake pads, Stage 6 multimeter (Tach,temp and hourmeter), Str8 water pump and housing, Stage 6 Chrome Kick Starter,Genuine Yamaha Bar Ends.Dual Headlight Mod,Michelin Bopper front and Pirelli SL26 Rear,Motul 800 double ester oil, BR9EIX , PRE-MIX, If you don't have a full race setup run stock airbox! if you don't you are a noobtard
Team provo moderator, keep on scootin "scooter troops"
Old 11-23-2009, 06:34 AM
Asset to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonsredcomet View Post
Me and my girlfriend watched your vids together and she said she wants a scooter now!!!! so keep em coming!
thanks for the comments you posted, much appreciated.

it's good that your GF wants a scooter, what does she have in mind? maybe try to locate a mint Aprilia SR50 (pre 2000) scooter with the minarelli engine, on the other scooter forum i go to a member there got one in pristine condition, it sat in the garage for 7yrs before the owner sold it on craigslist & he just happened to find it by chance. lucky guy!

btw you should check out our trackday videos, when we're not drag racing we're carving corners on the tracks, you don't need lots of power to enjoy track riding & the fun lasts as long as your stamina does.

Yamaha Aerox R

Old 02-17-2010, 12:59 PM

That was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OveRReV View Post
let me share how we race our scooters in the Philippines, you may find this video a bit disturbing as it's chaotic but what's you expect from a 3rd world country?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAT33nlyU1Ycars
50cc class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSXWT8-69t8tires
90cc class

hope you enjoy these 2, there's still 1 more to finsh of this damned windows movie maker stops crashing on me when i am about to finsh editing.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:34 PM

Great videos, do you have any more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OveRReV View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAT33nlyU1Ysuspensionbrakes
50cc class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSXWT8-69t8bmwwheels
90cc class

Old 06-16-2011, 01:50 AM
Noob

Hi OveRReV,
Never been to Philippine ever. Thanks for sharing these videos.
Next time when you will make video do zoom the camera so it would be easy to know who wins the race.