PDA

View Full Version : TGB Scooters

BeachBuzz
11-29-2005, 08:38 AM
any other TGB owners out there - I thought there would be more than there seems to be. was I totally off base when I narrowed my choices to Kymco and TGB then deceided on TGB???

I love my new TGB 303R 50 - getting to & from work has never been so much fun

speedy_scooter
11-29-2005, 02:36 PM
I deal with them at work and they're pretty good. The problem is that they use the Franco Morini engine instead of a Minarelli Horizontal motor.

BeachBuzz
11-29-2005, 05:05 PM
I deal with them at work and they're pretty good. The problem is that they use the Franco Morini engine instead of a Minarelli Horizontal motor.

wow - that shot right over my head, maybe I should have posted in the new members forum?

deal with them as in dealer? wrench?
it's my first scooter and I would like to get to know it better but dont know where to start. I'm don't even know how to get to inside the crunchy outer shell!

I'm thinking there's some sort of electronic governor keeping me just under 40mph - know anything about that?

florida derbi rocket
11-30-2005, 08:30 AM
I deal with them at work and they're pretty good. The problem is that they use the Franco Morini engine instead of a Minarelli Horizontal motor. Does this pic look like your motor? More info here www.morinimotori.com/eng/motori03.asp (http://www.morinimotori.com/eng/motori03.asp) One of their 50cc motors is rated at 7hp stock....not bad :naught:

BeachBuzz
11-30-2005, 12:09 PM
Does this pic look like your motor? More info here www.morinimotori.com/eng/motori03.asp (http://www.morinimotori.com/eng/motori03.asp) One of their 50cc motors is rated at 7hp stock....not bad :naught:
I wish I knew what it looks like - I can only see what sticks out of the shell!

here's what Cobra sales says:

TGB 303R Laser
The TGB 303R Laser is a large scooter that is available with a high-performance 49cc 2-stroke engine or 151cc 4-stroke engine. Both engines come with a Mikuni carburetor designed for cold weather use and a fully automatic CVT transmission.

The Laser has European styling and a Sport Suspension System including a rear mono shock with a floating axle and hydraulically charged front suspension offering excellent handling and control. To add to this great scooter, TGB adds very large aluminum wheels for better stability, 190mm front disc brake, large storage area under the seat.
Specifications
Model TGB 303R 49cc
Engine 2 Stroke Air-Cooled
Performance Series™
Fuel Consumption* 70+ MPG
Cylinder Number 1
Piston Displacement 49.3 cc
Carburetor Mikuni 13mm
Max. Power 4.9 HP @ 7,500 rpm
Starting System Electric/Kick
Ignition CDI
Fuel Tank 1.3 gallons
Gear Shift Fully Automatic CVT V-Belt
Total Length 72 inches
Total Width 26 inches
Total Height 46 inches
Dry Weight 202 pounds
Front Suspension Inverted Hydraulic Shocks Sport Tuned
Rear Suspension Mono Coil Over Shock Sport
Front Brake Hydraulic 190mm Disc
Rear Brake Sealed Drum
Front Tire 120/70-13
Rear Tire 120/70-13
Top Speed Restricted to 30 MPH
De-restriction kits available in some states, <45 MPH

speedy_scooter
11-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Unfortunatly TGB uses the AH50L motor and not the plus. As for the restriction on your bike, you need to take it to the shop and they will be able to get you a whole new header pipe for the exhaust pipe. Instead of restricting it through the exhaust port or intake they make a small header pipe that restricts flow.

danidge
04-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Unfortunatly TGB uses the AH50L motor and not the plus. As for the restriction on your bike, you need to take it to the shop and they will be able to get you a whole new header pipe for the exhaust pipe. Instead of restricting it through the exhaust port or intake they make a small header pipe that restricts flow.
dude you say that you work with tgb's alot and i own a tbg 202t 51 reg and when i took it to the shop they didnt know how to derestrict it do you have any ideas?

BeachBuzz
04-05-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm not familier with the '202t 51 reg' but if it's an older model of the 303r or in between the 101 and 303 and a 2stroke 50cc there is a restrictor/limiter on the CDI that keeps the max speed down at about 31-32 (measured on my GPS). If you remove the seat box - the CDI is the black box mounted to the bottom of the frame - the brown wire is the limiter. after I cut the brown wire I max out at about 36-37. according to CobraSales that is the only restriction on the '05 TGB 50s. I believe older models have the variator spacer restriction. There is no header pipe on mine - the exhaust pipe is bolted directly to the manifold. there are expansion chamber/performance replacement pipes available for the TGB 50 - which I'm planning on installing but I want to change the rollers and rejet the carb at the same time. I'm told I can expect to approach 50mph after the upgrade, but I expect that means 50 on the speedo which will probably translate to low 40's real time. my scoot is only 6 months (800 miles) old so I'm not in any great rush to void the warranty - which these upgrades will do. BTW the CDI wire snip does not void the warranty.

dude you say that you work with tgb's alot and i own a tbg 202t 51 reg and when i took it to the shop they didnt know how to derestrict it do you have any ideas?

speedy_scooter
04-05-2006, 06:18 PM
I dont know about the CDI wire for sure but the header pipe is smaller than what it can be therefore restricting flow.

BeachBuzz, your scooter does have a header pipe, its the section bolted to the cylinder and then connects to the large can with 3 bolts. Also, they do make performance exhausts. I know for a fact that Tecnigas makes the Next R for it but not 100% sure on other brands.

If you dont want to spend the money for an all new pipe you can always call TGB and ask them for the larger header pipe that flows better due to the larger diameter.

BeachBuzz
04-06-2006, 07:45 AM
brother speedy - I just went out and checked my exhaust and I'm not seeing any header or replaceable part in the pipe. there is a 2 bolt flange coming off the bottom of the cylinder, the pipe bends around, bumps up to a slightly larger section then to the transition to the can but it's all welded from the flange to the can. is it possible they did away with the replaceable part on the '05s? I'll follow up with CobraSales and see if they have any 'advice' too.

I dont know about the CDI wire for sure but the header pipe is smaller than what it can be therefore restricting flow.

BeachBuzz, your scooter does have a header pipe, its the section bolted to the cylinder and then connects to the large can with 3 bolts. Also, they do make performance exhausts. I know for a fact that Tecnigas makes the Next R for it but not 100% sure on other brands.

If you dont want to spend the money for an all new pipe you can always call TGB and ask them for the larger header pipe that flows better due to the larger diameter.

danidge
04-06-2006, 08:43 AM
I'm not familier with the '202t 51 reg' but if it's an older model of the 303r or in between the 101 and 303 and a 2stroke 50cc there is a restrictor/limiter on the CDI that keeps the max speed down at about 31-32 (measured on my GPS). If you remove the seat box - the CDI is the black box mounted to the bottom of the frame - the brown wire is the limiter. after I cut the brown wire I max out at about 36-37. according to CobraSales that is the only restriction on the '05 TGB 50s. I believe older models have the variator spacer restriction. There is no header pipe on mine - the exhaust pipe is bolted directly to the manifold. there are expansion chamber/performance replacement pipes available for the TGB 50 - which I'm planning on installing but I want to change the rollers and rejet the carb at the same time. I'm told I can expect to approach 50mph after the upgrade, but I expect that means 50 on the speedo which will probably translate to low 40's real time. my scoot is only 6 months (800 miles) old so I'm not in any great rush to void the warranty - which these upgrades will do. BTW the CDI wire snip does not void the warranty. yeah mine does about 37 and nearly 40 on a good day but i really dont know alot about them cause im 16 havent had alot of experiance and only had this bike about a month. so if i can get some information do you reckon you could help me if you can?

BeachBuzz
04-06-2006, 01:55 PM
keep posting here - there's a lot of experience behind this board.

there is also a Yahoo group at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/tgbscooters/
another more specific sounding board

WildWildIp
04-18-2006, 10:26 PM
As a side note I have worked with the 150cc verson of the Laser by TGB, it is built well that I can see, and has globs of power, a good choice I would say.

Charley
05-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Go to STOPLINKING (linkareanonohere) (linkareanonohere)click on the British flag for the English language version.
You need a 70cc cyllinder, 22mm Del Orto carb, MHR variator, expansion chamber exhaust this lot shuold give you about 80mph.

You could also get the stuff from STOPTHELINKS (linkareanonohere) (linkareanonohere)click on British flag for English.
If you have questions e-mail them. The list of parts you need will be the same. I would start with the 70cc kit then the carb then the exhaust and then to use all the extra power the racing variator. You are looking at a couple of hundred bucks if you use STOPLINKING (linkareanonohere)their prices are lower. 70-80mph will be no problem.
See videos I have posted.

gillygillygilly
05-17-2006, 03:38 AM
there is a brass shim on the variator shaft that will increase speed if removed and also cut the brown wire from the cdi ,

from another proud tgb owner

p.s by the way the tgb is the only scooter ive ever seen with a pressure fed crank to both bearings , morini engines are great if they have this sort of setup ,, bulletproof!!!

Adammer
05-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Hiya,

I just got a 2001 model 303R and I'll probably do a few things to help speed it up a fraction.

First of all, has anyone got a workshop manual for these things or for the motor in them? I could not seem to find one on the net.

If someone could tell me where to find the battery as well, then that would be great. The only place I've seen batteries is in fron of where your knee's are but there is no compartment there on the 303R.

The other thing I was wondering (and this is probabl most important for me) is that the odo cable is broken. Does anyone know how to get behind the odometer to replace this?

Thanks..!

KYMCOFAN
06-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi:I am soon to become a TGB owner. I justed traded an almost new KYMCO ZX50 for a new R9Laser. This is the 150CC version. Should increase my top speed from 40MPH with my de-restricted ZX50 from 40 to just 0ver 60 mph. Bigger wheels, biiger scooter. Hope I made the right decision!! Will take deleivery in a few days. Will let you know what I think.

grioghair
03-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I bought a TGB Delivery bike a few months ago. It is due for an oil change when I have clocked up another 50 miles. I have virtually no information in the user's manual, though - just "take it to a dealer". Can anyone recommend a good service manual for this bike?

Many thanks,

Steve

sschauer
05-11-2007, 06:04 PM
does anyone know how to remove the governor from a 1993 yamaha razz?

b47to
06-21-2007, 10:10 AM
theres no brown wire in my cdi what do i do ???

b47to
06-21-2007, 10:11 AM
btw my bikes a honda sfx vreg 1999

Rubber Knife
07-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah go to the Cobra Motor Sports Website, they have all the parts and service manuals in .pdf format.
Tom

lairnbear50
07-18-2007, 03:10 PM
I have'nt been on provo for quite awhile :i ,I've been just plain busy. ...spam... That being said,I want to mention,I just bought another
scooter.Its a TGB Sunset 151cc.I really like it. :sunny: it has 14" tires and
it really goes.It makes my Vino 125cc look like its sitting still ..bs.. ,infact side by side,the vino looks like a hot-wheel toy.But when it comes right
down to facts.I would'nt trade my Vino for anything. :dance: This TGB has
to gain my respect first.My Vino has done it over and over again.. :ll

billyenems
07-25-2007, 02:05 PM
i got the tgb r5 laser deristricted it and put the technigas exhaust on it really made the thing take off. it goes like 7mph faster now. though the real speed isn't reflected on the speeddometer i think they are off a little bit. anyone now how to make it go even faster

fiveoboy01
07-29-2007, 06:29 PM
For those of you familliar with these, do you know what the pre-mix ratio would be for the gas? I'm assuming 50:1 but I'm not sure.... I'm contemplating disabling the oil injection system because it makes me nervous. I lost the top end in an ATV a couple years ago due to the injection system failing...

I purchased a TGB Key West in early June. So far, almost 800 trouble-free miles except for the headlight bulb going out on me.... I believe it was de-restricted by the place I bought it from. GPS indicates it will hit 40-41 on level ground. I'm happy with it - if I go off the odometer(which I suspect it off from actual mileage because the speedo reads on the optimistic side), I'm seeing 67-69 MPG.

team/hurst84
07-29-2007, 06:29 PM
ok i havent been on here in a long time computer crash :mad: (there went the scooter money.) well im back on track saveing up for the new scooter hopefully in the spring.

well i too am looking at the tgb scooters mainly the tgb r50x. what dos anyone think of this scooter i am also looking at the r5 laser as a secend choice. so i have to say its good to be back !! :ll

Mozza57
09-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Hi, i have recently bought a 57 reg TGB 202 classic and have noiticed that after starting up it will die all of a sudden. is this due to being overfilled with oil?
Can anyone help?

Mozza

tim2tone
09-09-2007, 06:14 PM
I Have A Laser And Its A Great Scooter,im Having Trouble Locating Aftermarket Parts To Upgrade The Motor And Exhaust Though

pimpin8ez
09-16-2007, 11:24 PM
I need help to figure out how to reduce any sort of restrictions on my TGB Key West. its a 49.5cc and tops out at about 47mph right now. I just dont know what kind of restrictions i need to get around.... thanks

mike65072
09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
If it goes 47mph, I would say it is already derestricted.

hazza0225
09-24-2007, 08:45 AM
i have a tgb 101s. i know that there is a restricter in the grearing stopping it getting 2 max speed. its like a washer or somthing stopping the gears moving 2 gether. 1 in the exhaust. air intake and www.provoscooter.comwww.provoscooter.comwww.provos cooter.comwww.provoscooter.com knows the other.

kyle336
09-27-2007, 10:29 PM
i have a tgb key west, didnt think it was gonna be so hard to find others out there who own these things

raduvasilescu
11-03-2007, 03:24 PM

raduvasilescu
11-03-2007, 03:33 PM
So, you're an expert...
My TGB (Sunset 50) seems to have a fuel starvation problem. If I can start it, it will idle for a while. If I try to give it gas, it smokes badly for a couple of seconds, then it dies. I assume the previous owner put a larger main jet in the carburetor. Could this be the cause ? Thanks

dead kingz
01-28-2008, 06:32 PM
hey i am looking to buy one of these tgb 101s west..i would like to get some feedback on some owners how they ride have any problums out of them is the front end light i plan on stunting is it worth $1000 has less then 300 miles on it nothen wrong with it....and where do i buy motor parts for it i plan on hooking it up all the way....any help or feed back would be great thanxs... i am new to the scooter world lol

roll67@gmail.co
03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
I recently puchased a 04 TGB laser and i did not know how to remove the 30mph resriction. DOes anyone know how to remove this?

meelosh
03-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Hey all,

I'm glad there's a TGB forum out there. I feel like TGB doesn't get any respect. I have a GREAT 2007 Key West. I love it. The only problem is, I'm broke as a joke and found a great deal on a sailboat for the summer. I'm trying to sell it on craigslist but no one seems to respect TGB enough to buy it. It's priced very modestly ($875) and has no problems at all.

Any recommendations on where I can sell this scoot or how I can get people to respect the TGB?!

Danny001
06-16-2008, 06:17 AM
I own a TGB 303R 125cc. Pretty glad with the engine even with passenger.
Suspension on the other hand could be better.

MNTGBR50X
07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
I recently purchased a 2007 TGB R50X and am looking for information on de-restricting it to get a little more speed. I know about cutting the brown wire on the CDI unit. Does anyone know how much improvement this will give? Does anyone know if this model has the ring in the variator that prevents it from going into a higher gear ratio? If so, how do you go about removing this ring?

harry
07-13-2008, 10:20 AM
as a TGB dealer all i know is
most TGBs are now restricted by the varitor ring
the best way to remove it is to
use a allen bit for your impact wrench
for the 3 allen head screws
use a deep socket with the i.wrench for the nut:
REMEMBER THAT THIS NUT HAS REVERSE THREADS
slide off the front half of the variator
slide off the bronze ring and discard.
put everything else back on

oilyhans

MNTGBR50X
07-16-2008, 02:49 PM
I removed the CDI unit from the rubber mounting that connects it to the frame. I unplugged the female connector on the wiring harness from the red male connector on the CDI unit. I discovered that there is no male pin on the CDI connector that corresponds to the brown wire's female connector. Therefore, the brown wire has in effect been disconnected. It came from the factory like this. Does the factory CDI unit, which is black, have this molded in red male connector with no male pin for the brown wire?

SFGFXScoot
07-21-2008, 09:13 PM
I just bought a 2007 TGB Deliver 50 and it was running great till it hit Magic mileage number 300 miles... exactly when the dealer said to come back... funny coincidence? I think not!

It was cruising flat at 35-40+ MPH and 30-35MPH going uphill fairly fully loaded. And yes I did change the gear oil and spark plug.

Which is another thing... the spark plug had the end removed so the threads were bare. I looked everywhere and nowhere does it mention doing this but it definitely does not fit the spark plug cap without doing this.

Now it starts to sputter or lose power at precisely 32.5 MPH on the speedometer. Flat running, downhill, up hill... so it is consistent logic to believe that it KNOWS it's going 32MPH and forces you to slow down. Again, I used to get up to like 50 MPH downhill and 30-35 fully loaded up hill.

What's the deal? Is this a dealer ploy?

It's not running like it did when I bought it so by my figuring I shouldn't have to pay to get it back to its initial level of performance. Do they have some kind of timed auto-restrictor that kicks in at magic mile 300? Or what?

And why all the mystery on "derestricting" and "derestricting kits"? If all you do is remove stuff and cut a wire that is hardly a kit...
Has anyone done this to a TGB Deliver 50? I want to make sure I am not getting ripped off at the new dealer I am thinking of taking it to. So knowing exactly what they are going to or needing to do would be great.
If you KNOW how to fix this and why it's doing this I would greatly appreciate the help since the dealer I bought it from is like 200 miles away and riding there at a stupid 30MPH would really suck.

PLEASE HELP RESTORE MY FAITH AND LOVE FOR TGB ::handleba

I just want to get this thing up to 45MPH flat so I feel safer commuting to work (which I do 24 miles a day, five days a week).

MNTGBR50X
07-22-2008, 06:02 PM
My TGB R50X won't start after I ride it and then turn it off. The starter will turn it over and sometimes after a few tries it may start but I usually have to let it sit for a few minutes.
It is almost like the old vapor lock on a car carburetor.
Any ideas what it might be?

harry
07-23-2008, 06:29 PM
the restrictor is a brass washer/bushing in the variator.
there is a 2 year warranty on TGB .
to go really fast you might look at mrp-speed parts..

oilyhans

I just bought a 2007 TGB Deliver 50 and it was running great till it hit Magic mileage number 300 miles... exactly when the dealer said to come back... funny coincidence? I think not!

It was cruising flat at 35-40+ MPH and 30-35MPH going uphill fairly fully loaded. And yes I did change the gear oil and spark plug.

Which is another thing... the spark plug had the end removed so the threads were bare. I looked everywhere and nowhere does it mention doing this but it definitely does not fit the spark plug cap without doing this.

Now it starts to sputter or lose power at precisely 32.5 MPH on the speedometer. Flat running, downhill, up hill... so it is consistent logic to believe that it KNOWS it's going 32MPH and forces you to slow down. Again, I used to get up to like 50 MPH downhill and 30-35 fully loaded up hill.

What's the deal? Is this a dealer ploy?

It's not running like it did when I bought it so by my figuring I shouldn't have to pay to get it back to its initial level of performance. Do they have some kind of timed auto-restrictor that kicks in at magic mile 300? Or what?

And why all the mystery on "derestricting" and "derestricting kits"? If all you do is remove stuff and cut a wire that is hardly a kit...
Has anyone done this to a TGB Deliver 50? I want to make sure I am not getting ripped off at the new dealer I am thinking of taking it to. So knowing exactly what they are going to or needing to do would be great.
If you KNOW how to fix this and why it's doing this I would greatly appreciate the help since the dealer I bought it from is like 200 miles away and riding there at a stupid 30MPH would really suck.

PLEASE HELP RESTORE MY FAITH AND LOVE FOR TGB ::handleba

I just want to get this thing up to 45MPH flat so I feel safer commuting to work (which I do 24 miles a day, five days a week).

harry
07-23-2008, 06:31 PM
never open the throttle when starting your scoot
it should fire right up then give a bit of gas..
battery level is VERY critical on TGB scoots.

oilyhans

SFGFXScoot
07-26-2008, 11:29 PM
The variator ring I know about... along with the not optimal exhaust and the nozzle... But this TGB Delivery 50 is most definitely electronically restricted by what is most likely the CDI from what I have read. And if you read my post fully you would see that it did not start out with such poor performance.

I cut the brown wire and it not only didn't help... it is even weaker now. When I took off the seat and gas tank there was a box both behind the seat (to the rear) and on the right side (if your sitting on it). Both had 6 wires (which did not perfectly match up to there poor quality diagrams and pictures on the TGB/Cobra site) but only the one to the right had a brown one... What now?

It is absolutely being limited through the spark and specifically at 30-32 MPH when it previously perfomred quite well with only the mechanical restrictors in place. If your a dealer then you must have the answer to this for a 2007 TGB 50 Delivery... I hope.

Unfortunately taking it to a dealer is not working out so good with the one I made the purchase being 200 miles away and the nearest one acting like they don't want my business (a Yamaha dealer who stopped selling TGB over a year ago but still are listed on the site). Please help me if you have the answer.

V/R,

SFGFXScoot

harry
07-27-2008, 03:16 PM
I need help to figure out how to reduce any sort of restrictions on my TGB Key West. its a 49.5cc and tops out at about 47mph right now. I just dont know what kind of restrictions i need to get around.... thanks

sounds like time for a 70cc kit & pipe & carb & main spring & weights
& variator & maybe a clutch

oilyhans

SFGFXScoot
07-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Harry?

So what's the skinny on the TGB Delivery 50 problem I am having? It's not the variator... it's cutting spark not just guttless. The brown wire on the box to the right didn't help (in fact it ran even weaker with a speed of 20-30). The box with the brown wire was rectangular and the harness was glued onto it while the box/plug under the seat does unplu but has a red wire not a brown wire.

Am I alone in owning or having experience with a 2007 TGB Delivery?

V/R

SFGFXScoot

harry
07-29-2008, 08:41 PM
sorry,can't help you much ,never had a delivery to mess with
and according to the TGB\Cobra Tech (Ed) the only restriction is the
brass ring.
did you re connect the brown wire?

SFGFXScoot
07-30-2008, 06:46 AM
Yep... put it back together with a M/F plug. I finally found info saying that it was indeed that wire that is supposed to remove a restriction on the CDI (at least for the 303?). Maybe the problem is just a problem... I guess I will have to call Cobra and/or make a really long and slow trip to the nearest TGB mechanic.

Too bad the actual nearest "dealer" has dropped TGB. I will definately pass on to Cobra to remove them from their list since they not only wasted 4.5 hours of my time... but had nothing good to say about TGB... They obviously must of come under fire from their franchisor for selling something besides Yamaha.

MNTGBR50X
08-08-2008, 04:29 PM
I thought I should give an update to the hot starting problem I reported on earlier. It turned out to be a bad cdi unit. The cdi box was replaced and it now starts right up when the engine is hot. Incidentily, the engine also now revs higher so the cdi unit must have been restricting revs too.

whitneybay
08-26-2008, 09:33 PM
I have a great running Sunset with decent speed. Tried unrestricting by cliping brown wire out of CDI only to have it not start. Reconnected and running fine, however, I wonder if it is a wire other than brown. The CDI unit came off an RX50 as the original spec'd CDI on the Sunset was a poor system's match (kept failing)

Any ideas? Different wire? Color?

Whitneybay in CT

harry
08-27-2008, 07:22 PM
did you remove the brass ring from the varaitor?

whitneybay
08-28-2008, 09:40 AM
No, I first wanted to delimit the CDI. Just wondering what wire, if any, it is if cutting the brown didn't work.

harry
08-28-2008, 11:19 AM
the ring is all i know of

wee-man
03-29-2009, 05:56 PM
i have a tgb too:yippy: it is a 202 classic, and m8 if u work on them can u tell me wot size te rollers are, the original weight and can u recomend a good wieght for good acceleration and good top end.
can some one also recomend a good exhaust for it too. :ulp

fanks in advance

harry
03-29-2009, 06:50 PM
i think the stock weights are 7 gram
use 17x 12 sliding weights but 9 gram for a bit higher end
there are a few choices for pipes...
http://www.whidbeyparts.com/SPD/n-mp-02046--800007ED-1178919710.jsp
Technigas RS or RSII i think will work too

oilyhans

wee-man
03-30-2009, 11:06 AM
what is the differance between sliding rollers and rollers?

wee-man
03-30-2009, 11:40 AM
what differance does an performnce exhaust makee?????

harry
03-30-2009, 11:42 PM
this is what they say about sliding weights:

Traditionally, the gear ratio in scooter CVTs is changed by the in-and-out rolling movement of the roller weights. With the innovative Dr. Pulley sliding roller weights, the roller weights “slide” inward and outward in the variator to change/extend the gear ratio.

Dr. Pulley sliding roller weights provide the following advantages over traditional "rolling" roller weights:

# Eliminate abnormal wear in the high gear position.
# Enjoy a broader range of gear ratios.
# Experience outstanding acceleration and re-acceleration properties.
# Retain explosive low end acceleration and reach higher top speeds.
# Last longer than traditional roller weights while experiencing excellent CVT variator performance.
in my previous post i posted the best price on the net...

wee-man
03-31-2009, 02:33 AM
thanks, but what sort of differance would a exhaust make?

wee-man
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
can you al so recomend an english scooter moding sit

fanks
,.,.dance.

g~scoot
03-31-2009, 04:09 PM
An exhaust makes a good bit of difference with a 2 stroke. The expansion chamber basically acts as a turbo. An exhaust will give you the largest performance gains short of doing a big bore kit.

Burnsy0330
04-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Today I just bought a 2007 TGB R50X and it is still restricted with only 300 miles on it. I took out the brass ring but yet it still doesn't go a whole lot faster.. Now it goes 37 mph instead of 32mph.. Is there anything else to try without sticking alot more money in it??

It also likes to kill whenever I am at a stop light. The guy said that the gas is pretty old, so do you think once i get fresh gas and change the plug maybe that will fix the stalin out problem?? maybe clean the carbs too??

g~scoot
04-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Could be the old gas. will it not ever idle. Sounds like just turning up the idle on it would solve your problem, after changing the gas and plug too.

Burnsy0330
04-04-2009, 02:15 PM
It will idle for the most part when I start it except when its not warmed up yet. But I will be driving it for a while and then come up to a stop light and it will just kill on me. If it doesnt kill it won't go anywhere for a second or two until i rev it up like 4 times then she will start to go again.

Do you think that changing the plug and getting fresh gas in there will get it to go alot faster? Cuz my buddy has a key west thats the same year and his will do between 45-50 mph and he only has it derestricted. I can only get up to 40 right now with wind at my back and going downhill a little. It is only 30 some degress right now too. I am sure that doesn't make it go any faster either.

Burnsy0330
04-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Would cutting the brown wire on the CDI unit help too or not????

harry
04-04-2009, 02:23 PM
the cdi may need to be altered by removing one wire
or adding a un restricted cdi. i know they make 'em for other TGB's
FYI;;the gearing in the rear end is more aggressive that other TGB scooters
your cheap mods are sliding weights ... perhaps more air & a larger main jet

oilyhans

Burnsy0330
04-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks.... I also noticed that after the brass ring was takin out my RPM's still stayed the same at like 7.5-8. My buddies is redling at lie 10-11. I thought maybe by taking the ring off that my rpm's would increase.? Or am I way off???

harry
04-04-2009, 05:37 PM
the brass ring has no effect on the motors rpm
it just doesn't let the belt go lower on the variator.

oilyhans

wee-man
04-19-2009, 04:02 AM
can any one tell me what engine is in my tgb 202 2006 please,

and can some one tell me how much of a diferance an air filter will make.

thanks.

mines toppin out at 45/50 wiv me dad on it :L, im only 15 atm on the road in july tho, should do bot 50/55 wiv me on it, i just wanna do a few more cheap mods to get it up there at the 60 mark. :ulp

harry
04-19-2009, 03:25 PM
that is a franco morini motor
you will need to up jet too if you replace the filter
a un limited cdi might help ...maybe some sliding weights.

oilyhans

wee-man
04-27-2009, 09:59 AM
what sort of effect would the unlimited cdi make?

like what does it do?

thanks

harry
04-28-2009, 11:38 AM
the stock cdi is limited 7,500 rpm
the unlimited cdi will let your motor run up to 11,000 rpm
higher rpm's= higher top speed.

oilyhans

wee-man
05-07-2009, 11:03 AM
:)hi can some one tell me waht other bikes have this engine aswell please :)

kooley34
05-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Does anyone know what type of motor is an a 2007 TGB Key West 101S 50cc scooter?

harry
05-28-2009, 10:00 AM
franco morini engine is used in suzuki ,TGB ,and itliajet i think

wee-man
06-04-2009, 04:10 PM
ok thanks mate, should the same parts fit my 202 then?

unjoyer
06-10-2009, 03:58 AM
Hi ppl!
I see lots of TGB owners get theyre help here so i decided to settle down =)

I have a TGB R50X and i need to install a 2-way alarm to it.
What i couldnt find is a plug for it...even the mos crappy chinese scooters have a plug...mine doesnt or i cant find it.

Therefore i need an electric diagram or wiring drawing especially for ignition lock and lamps!

Can anyone help me with this? Or does anyone know where is the dam plug :D
Couldnt find it under the speedometer, nor the front covering, nor near battery!

Cheers and thanks in advance =)

DCDCDC
06-24-2009, 05:55 PM
can any one tell me what cc my 2003 202t is

wee-man
07-07-2009, 01:57 PM
hi would an italijet formula exhaust fit my tgb 202?
and would an suuki ap50 exhaust fit?

many thanks in advance.

srvonr50x
07-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I have a 2007 TGB R50X w/4000+ mis. I bought it new 3/15/2008,broke it in slowly and have had trouble-free rides to work and back for 10 mos. I now only ride a couple times a week a few miles for fun, but the bike has been good to me and I have been impressed with how well it is built. I plan on doing some upgrades this winter-hence joining this forum to get some info from experieced folks. I rebuilt a 400 Kawasaki 2-stroke years ago, so I have the ability to do, just need some direction to parts and maybe a few secrets into preliminary mods I can do now before I get into cylinder and carb changes. So any pointers are welcome from anyone reading this-my first post on Provo. I see there are lots of options. Let me know please.

maxjlone
07-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Has anyone had any experience with TGB Scooters? My local dealer just increased the warranty to 2 years, but it is so hard to get a hold of someone from sales. I can't imagine how unresponsive they will be to a warranty claim. I want to know more details about it.

florida derbi rocket
07-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Wee-man, Be careful of years. The formula 50 used to have a Piaggio motor, not a Morini. I could not find any info about them switching motors in the Formula and Dragster for 08 and 09.

srvonr50x
07-10-2009, 10:54 AM
It sounds like you have a dealer problem. My dealer rents and services scooters,one of the reasons I chose to buy there. I looked at other sources and found that many were just warehouses.My digital clock went bad on my R50X and they ordered a new one and replaced it the next time I came in for a service. Sorry you're having a problem contacting them, you could try Cobra at 1-770- 423 2827. Maybe they can give you info on another dealer. Don't give up trying to contact your dealer and find out what his hours are. Good luck!!!! The warranty has always been 2 yrs. unlimited mis. as far as I know- mine was when I bought in March of '08

harry
07-10-2009, 11:41 AM
i'm a TGB dealer
give me a holler if you need any TGB parts.

oilyhans

srvonr50x
07-10-2009, 11:29 PM
I went out and cut the brown wire on my R50X and it wouldn't start! So much for that little tidbit. Sorry to be -"led down the proverbial garden path"
It is what it is!!!

wee-man
07-11-2009, 04:56 AM
so if i got the right year, the formula that uses a morini engine it would fit?
many thanks
:bal:

wee-man
07-18-2009, 08:27 AM
hi ive decided to rejet the carb... so i need to know the size the jet is in mm and some advice on what size to go up to.

any advice would help loads

many thanks.

harry
07-18-2009, 06:21 PM
the stock 50cc has a 13mm carb w/ #60 jet
8-12+ sizes bigger depending where you live & type of filter

oilyhans

wee-man
07-21-2009, 05:53 PM
could tell me what tipe of minuki carb it is please

many thanks

wee-man
07-25-2009, 06:07 AM
hi, can any one tell me the size of the hole on the carb where the air filter goes onto please,

many thanks.

harry
07-25-2009, 02:52 PM
since your the main mechanic you should get a $10
pair of digital calipers so you can measure things like that
some filters are measured in inches and others are mm

oilyhans

jabamx6
07-29-2009, 09:57 AM
as a TGB dealer all i know is
most TGBs are now restricted by the varitor ring ...
oilyhans

Hi Harry,
New member here, and new to a scooter thing...
Anyways since I'm pretty mechanically challenge, I have few question for you - or any one else here.
I have a 07 Key west, and I was thinking about putting a luggage case on my scooter, but notice in the one of the manuals that the back rack can only support 5/10 Kg; could I install givi e30 case on the standard rack or do I need to make modifications to it? Basically I would like to use it if I go shopping and need to buy some milk, etc...

Second question about removing the varitor ring - how to I get to it to remove it? I guess the question here is where is it, is there a manual on how to get and how to do it? Like I said I'm mechanically challenge and I could find anything in the manual that I download from Cobra.

Also - what's the best way to get to the engine? which covers/what needs to be removed?

Thank you

wee-man
07-29-2009, 05:33 PM
hi, my tgb 202 was doin 45 in the begging bu the i slowed to 35.
so to answer my question; yes the italjet formula ehaust does fit and i also put a k&n with a 63 jet on it at the same time, it is now doin nearer 50mph it also sound beefy im not too sure bout fuel consumption at the miniute because i only doneit tonight but seems to be goos so far =]
thanks for all the help i've had on this forum.
oh yh i still have 7gram original rollers in it too =]
hope this helps some one else too.

harry
07-29-2009, 05:48 PM
weeman --- you might try some 5gr sliders

jabamx6 --- the ring is a standard deal in many scooters
search 'remove variator ring'
only difference is the TGB has a reverse threaded variator nut
and you also need a impact wrench for both nut & allen screws.

no idea about the givi box .most boxes fit ...
but just get some of those new cloth grocrey bags
and put it between your feet
besides those boxes don't always hold the dozen eggs , 1/2 gal of milk.
get a free milk crate use some zip ties to hold it on.

oilyhans

jabamx6
07-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks Harry;

Now adding new exhaust - is it worth it and would I gain little in top end speed?

wee-man
07-30-2009, 05:35 PM
hi,
can you plese tell me what 5gr sliders are please.
thanks

harry
07-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Thanks Harry;
Now adding new exhaust - is it worth it and would I gain little in top end speed?
yes & YES! from 8-12mph more
PM me for details

hi,
can you plese tell me what 5gr sliders are please.
thanks
Sliders are a new innovation and work great
watch the video here
http://www.whidbeyparts.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=Parts+by+Type:Dr+Pulle y+Sliders

oilyhans

mechsmoto
08-02-2009, 03:30 AM
All you guys that need parts for those tgbs can call me or submit questions to my website at www.mechsscooterrepair.com. I can get you pretty much whatever you want from stock to full race... from Martin Racing Performance you can browse their catalog at martinracingdealer.com I can also get malossi and polini parts for good prices too. IF you need any help with the bikes feel free to ask ... ive worked on both the 150cc and the 2 stokes... They are excellent bikes!!! Taiwan Golden BEE is what tgb stands for. .... and the difference in quality from the chinese made bikes is amazing. You can let em sit for a year... and then kick it 20 times and itll run... just like a yamaha.

mechsmoto
08-02-2009, 03:41 AM
There is an excellent video on tgb 303 upgrades at www.martinracingdealer.com look for "find parts by bike".... "tgb" ... and click on the video. Just like my zuma... these bikes are capable of 80+mph!!!! Check it out!!!!!!!!

harry
08-02-2009, 11:52 AM
for the best tgb info and web forum check out
tgbforum (http://tgbforum.com) each
model is represented with a catagory of its own
& let me know if you need anything TGB

oilyhans

wee-man
08-10-2009, 01:45 PM
why does my bike keep slowing down? its now only going 40 y is this?

thanks

harry
08-10-2009, 05:40 PM
more info needed to help you
clean carb ?
good fuel flow?
plug ok?
dirty air box?
need new belt?

oilyhans

wee-man
08-14-2009, 06:10 PM
hi harry can you tell methe torque wrench settings for the head please because i want to put the head on properly so i wont have any problems.
many thanks in advance.

harry
08-14-2009, 11:37 PM
you will find all the part & service manuals here:
http://www.cobrasales.com/parts.htm
or the direct link to the service manual for the
101S / Key West / 303R-50 / R5 / Delivery 50
http://www.cobrasales.com/docs/TGB%20Service%20Manual%20-%20101S%20(BH1)%20-%20303R-50%20(BR1)%20-%20Delivery%2050%20(BK1).pdf

oilyhans

wee-man
08-31-2009, 06:06 PM
70 kit blew up :...o-- was well gutted only went out on it twice
felt so good when it was goin but put my 50 piston and barrel back on
deffo gonna get a new 70 kit tho be even more briliant acceleration
my 202 is one of the best acceleration for a 50 and aint too bad top end bein 50 on the flat and 60 down hill
jus make sure u put the gudueon pin in ryt wen u do urs hehe

harry
09-01-2009, 09:44 AM
was it a molossi or polini kit? or some other brand?

oilyhans

wee-man
09-06-2009, 05:36 PM
it was a parmakit
would a polini or mallossi be better next time?
thanks

kasj21
09-22-2009, 03:34 PM
HI HARRY KASJ21 FROM DOWNUNDER
I AM A NEW MEMBER JUST SIGNED ON...
I HAVE A 2009 TGB 101S SCOOTER
IN THE STATES IT IS CALLED A KEY/WEST
I TRIED YOUR SUGESTION TO GO TO THIS WEB SITE
http://www.cobrasales.com/docs/TGB%2...50%20(BK1).pdf
WITH NO SUCCESS
I AM LOOKING FOR A SERVICE AND REPAIR MANUAL
FOR MY 2009 TGB 101S SCOOTER
CAN YOU HELP?,.,.dance.

tomd777
12-14-2009, 11:27 AM
hi i have Cut the brown wire to the cdi and its going in for a mot next week any idea if this will make it fail ???

wee-man
12-26-2009, 08:44 AM
hi i dont think it does because it is only supposed to derestrict the rev limiter,
what is ur model?