PDA

View Full Version : zip larger big bore kits

ushouldnous1
08-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Are there any larger kits more than 70cc or stroker cranks for the vento zip 70 isn't enough cause their only like 65cc anyway

speedy_scooter
08-25-2005, 07:08 AM
well you can always put a stroker into a zip but the manifold will have to be custom made to feed that stroker since the swingarm is in a bad spot for manifolds. try getting a corsa and some gears. gears help a bunch as long as you have a cylinder with enough power to put those gears to use.

matthew
08-25-2005, 04:17 PM
anybody know what type of clutch i can put on my 05bkm jazz

speedy_scooter
08-25-2005, 04:27 PM
polini, koso, metrakit, malossi, doesnt matter as long as it fits onto the clutch shaft. it can be either a 105 or 107 just get the right bell to go w/ the new clutch.

ushouldnous1
08-25-2005, 08:06 PM
do you know which stroker kits will fit; any of the honda elite kits? which do you suggest.

speedy_scooter
08-25-2005, 08:11 PM
honda elite kits wont fit because they use minarelli vertical motors. i would try and look for a crank that says it will fit in minarelli horizontal motors. try a top performance or koso or polini crank. depending on the cylinder you get you could just get a stronger than stock crank but same stroke or you could get something like a 45mm stroke.

ushouldnous1
08-25-2005, 08:18 PM
what about for the cylinder?

speedy_scooter
08-25-2005, 08:21 PM
you could get a polini evo LC or AC, polini corsa, metrakit sp2, there are probably some others but those are the usual bores.

ushouldnous1
08-25-2005, 08:23 PM
is the bolt pattern is the same and ports match up. ports arn't really a problem have to port them anyway

speedy_scooter
08-25-2005, 08:30 PM
well, all the scoots have the same cylinder stud/bolt pattern of the 4 bolts in a square but the porting is different. i know that with the corsa and metrakit sp2 they bolt right up and they are able to run but with the evo its really, to get it to work right its necassary to match the ports.

ushouldnous1
08-25-2005, 08:45 PM
thanks for the info

speedy_scooter
08-25-2005, 08:52 PM
sure no biggie

ushouldnous1
08-25-2005, 09:02 PM
are those cylinders meant for the zip or what bike are they for cant seem to find what I'm looking for

speedy_scooter
08-25-2005, 09:19 PM
well they all come in 12mm pins but you usually have to special order the different piston. unfortunatly provo doesnt sell any of those parts so you have to find it from somewhere else. the other parts that provo does sell are great though, parts you will need like, reedcage, pipes, carb, airfilter, belts, vari, its all stuff you need.

ushouldnous1
08-25-2005, 09:23 PM
so would horzional zuma cylinders should fit, the other parts I will be getting from here

speedy_scooter
08-25-2005, 09:24 PM
dont think so because they use a different reedcage setup i'm 95% sure of that. their manifold/reedcage is mounted to the cylinder instead of to the case.

rydah
08-26-2005, 12:01 AM
Are there any larger kits more than 70cc or stroker cranks for the vento zip 70 isn't enough cause their only like 65cc anyway
the kits that you must be looking at are the 68cc kits. the polini corsa and malossi reps are 68cc's. the real race kits are true 70cc's. you can make a 100 stroker for your bike but i have seen the 70cc polini evo smoke them. if you want to get a 100cc stroker pm me and i will give you the info on getting a complete set up.

speedy_scooter
08-26-2005, 08:37 AM
the tough thing about having an evo on a zip is getting the radiator mounted and all the lines fed through the body. an evo will though beat most strokers with all that power, but you do have to replace he crank with the evo so ya dont snap a rod or something.

rydah
08-27-2005, 02:38 AM
it would be better to change the crank. i dont know how good a vento crank is but i have seen a ac evo on a stock jog crank it lasted, just like the mhr cylinder on my zuma, stock crank. i have been around the island about 4 or 5 times and plenny other rides and my engine is still solid. how come everybody on here is so scared of the evo ac. my friend george has one on his personal shop bike and that bike rips, 85mph plus, and can still ride all day long.

speedy_scooter
08-27-2005, 07:42 AM
i guess we just dont like the idea of 13k+rpms with an ac motor. just doesnt seem like a great idea to me. i know you can but why not just put the LC kit on for some reassurance.

ratboycom
08-27-2005, 12:16 PM
not only that but the LC will have better endurance versus an air cooled motor esp if you are running hard all the time around hills

Speednut
09-12-2005, 10:52 PM
where are you guys getting the evo kits ?

rydah
09-13-2005, 01:12 AM
my friend has been runnig a ac evo kit on his malaguti for at least 3 now and his bike is still strong. i dont think none of you guys have seen a ac evo before or how they run. they run strong and they last.

Speednut
09-27-2005, 11:54 PM
my friend has been runnig a ac evo kit on his malaguti for at least 3 now and his bike is still strong. i dont think none of you guys have seen a ac evo before or how they run. they run strong and they last.

Rydah, did your friend match the ports on his evo? How long has you friend been running this set up?

rydah
09-29-2005, 03:10 AM
he has been using his same cylinder for 2 or 3 years that i know of.

Speednut
10-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Do you know if he matched his ports , or did he just slap it on.

speedy_scooter
10-06-2005, 06:50 AM
Heh, with a high-end cylinder you really should match ports and do some extra fine porting. If its who I think it is then that guy spends plenty of time working on his bike and only uses the most expensive parts.

rydah
10-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Do you know if he matched his ports , or did he just slap it on.
speedy your funny, speednut everything is matched and that bike runs like a champ. there are 2 air cooled evos out here and they both smoke, the fastest one got up too 87mph the last time it was out on a cruise.

Albatros
10-08-2005, 01:59 PM
To who ever is looking for a 68cc air colled Polini Evolution or more properly known as the AC Polini "Evo" 68cc for a 2005 Vento Triton R4. The correct number for the cylinder kit is P1660098 not the P166009810 as the 10 at the end denotes the kit as having a 10mm gudgeon or wrist pin. The P1660098 will come from Polini with the 68cc cylinder in aluminum, a polini cylinder head in aluminum, a single ring 68cc polini "evo" aluminum piston with the 12mm gudgeon or wrist pin, a gasket set, exhaust studs, and a set of crank spacers to aid in timing the ports without cuting into the cylinder. Though this could slightly alter your compression ratio.

You should not need to beef up the crank. Installing a "race" crank asumes that you are using a much heavier piston and connecting rod over the stock and thus you need more counter weight and heavier main bearing for the crank case. The typical "race" cranks only advantage for you with the "Evo" is that you would get the beefy 12mm small end with the connecting rod that comes with the crank. You already have this stock on the Triton R4.

As for over reving the engine or worrying about getting up over 13k with the "Evo", If you have the stock CDI installed don't worry at all. That's another beautiful thing about the 2005 Vento Triton R4. The only real restrictors on the thing are a little metal spacer that installs inside the throttle spring between the top of the throttle slide and the throttle stop. (Mine was handed to me in a little plastic bag when I purchased it and has never been installed.) and the second restrictor is the CDI that tops out at 11k which is just there to protect the motor, not really slow it down to much. Some performance "touring "class cylinders in 68cc are only rated for to 10 - 10.5k but the "Evo" is toped at 13.5k so you got room to spare.

The zumma manifold on the pre bug does bolt directly to the cylinder and the reeds are larger than on the Triton R4. The Triton R4 reed cage and manifold bolt to the crank case and the four allen bolts connecting these can be seen once the seat has been removed. I will add a picture illustrating this.

If you want information on ordering this part you can send me a Private Message. The site I found is one of the best I have ever seen. I ordered mine on friday and the thing is sitting in Philadelphia as I write this being loaded onto a truck today and should be here tomorrow or monday. The shop is in Germany but it has an english version if you go to the bottom and hit the EN button. Erich dosen't sell these parts at Provo so I consider it free game and good info. They have a forum as well but it is mostly Germans with 120-250cc Vespas and Lamaberta scooters so ther have been like 20 posts total over about 3 yrs from Americans with our little Taiwan 50cc scoots. I also called the company on an english line. They spoke better English than I do. The only draw back is that you have to do some home work for the Ventos. They don't have them listed though the CPI Hussar and MBK Evolis use the same Minarelli Horizantal AC engine. For any other parts you will have to do some measuring and guessing which is about all you are gonna get from a U.S. store anyway. Even the Airsal Cylinders from Provo don't list the vento as a model their cylinder kits will fit but they do list the other two I mentioned.

You have to watch the forums as well. Some people will give you crap for info. The only way to know for sure is to measure your parts. The other bit of advice I would give when listening to people in the forums is to pay little attention to people in the forums that don't ride the same scoot as you or say they have like 10k in miles on their scoot. Tunning issues are a little more universal but for parts stick with your "own kind". And the year matters as well. Hell some scooters will be different in the same production run sometimes so the only way to be certain is to measure and call the store if you don't know exactly what to meassure.

Oh so you aren't shock if you place an order, the shipping was over $70 to get it here in three days about $60 for 5 days. But if you buy a lot of stuff, the shipping increase form there isn't much. ::handleba

speedy_scooter
10-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Sounds good. Just to correct you on one thing is the stock Vento CDI is limited to 12k not 11k. Also, any Yamaha Jog or Bugeye manifold will fit. Most of the Jog 50 parts will fit a Triton while the gears on a Jog 90 fit a Zip.

rydah
10-08-2005, 03:56 PM
albatros the evo is a 70cc kit not a 68cc kit. hey for you guys that want the polini ac kit you should see if provo can get your the malossi mhr ac kit. they are about the same in power and provo is the malossi dealer right. also the euro site is not the best place for americans to get polini stuffs from, the shipping alone is too much. you guys should buy the polini parts for an american dealer and save the shipping money on something else. thats what i do out here when i go to the moped shop out here and get my polini parts. i get my stuffs the same day, walk in service is the best.

speedy_scooter
10-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Yea, but for the rest of us that arent a 20min drive down to lovely Honolulu, its tougher to get some polini parts. I gotta move out to Honolulu so I can get some quick parts.lol :D

rydah
10-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Yea, but for the rest of us that arent a 20min drive down to lovely Honolulu, its tougher to get some polini parts. I gotta move out to Honolulu so I can get some quick parts.lol :D
lol, at least the shipping is not $70, the US guys are more like $20. what about the guys that live near provo scooters cant they just go in and pick up mhr parts, airsal parts and technigas parts.

speedy_scooter
10-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Yea but we all want evo parts so we can all hit 85!!lol:D :D

alloo
10-17-2005, 11:25 AM
To who ever is looking for a 68cc air colled Polini Evolution or more properly known as the AC Polini "Evo" 68cc for a 2005 Vento Triton R4. The correct number for the cylinder kit is P1660098 not the P166009810 as the 10 at the end denotes the kit as having a 10mm gudgeon or wrist pin. The P1660098 will come from Polini with the 68cc cylinder in aluminum, a polini cylinder head in aluminum, a single ring 68cc polini "evo" aluminum piston with the 12mm gudgeon or wrist pin, a gasket set, exhaust studs, and a set of crank spacers to aid in timing the ports without cuting into the cylinder. Though this could slightly alter your compression ratio.

You should not need to beef up the crank. Installing a "race" crank asumes that you are using a much heavier piston and connecting rod over the stock and thus you need more counter weight and heavier main bearing for the crank case. The typical "race" cranks only advantage for you with the "Evo" is that you would get the beefy 12mm small end with the connecting rod that comes with the crank. You already have this stock on the Triton R4.

As for over reving the engine or worrying about getting up over 13k with the "Evo", If you have the stock CDI installed don't worry at all. That's another beautiful thing about the 2005 Vento Triton R4. The only real restrictors on the thing are a little metal spacer that installs inside the throttle spring between the top of the throttle slide and the throttle stop. (Mine was handed to me in a little plastic bag when I purchased it and has never been installed.) and the second restrictor is the CDI that tops out at 11k which is just there to protect the motor, not really slow it down to much. Some performance "touring "class cylinders in 68cc are only rated for to 10 - 10.5k but the "Evo" is toped at 13.5k so you got room to spare.

The zumma manifold on the pre bug does bolt directly to the cylinder and the reeds are larger than on the Triton R4. The Triton R4 reed cage and manifold bolt to the crank case and the four allen bolts connecting these can be seen once the seat has been removed. I will add a picture illustrating this.

If you want information on ordering this part you can send me a Private Message. The site I found is one of the best I have ever seen. I ordered mine on friday and the thing is sitting in Philadelphia as I write this being loaded onto a truck today and should be here tomorrow or monday. The shop is in Germany but it has an english version if you go to the bottom and hit the EN button. Erich dosen't sell these parts at Provo so I consider it free game and good info. They have a forum as well but it is mostly Germans with 120-250cc Vespas and Lamaberta scooters so ther have been like 20 posts total over about 3 yrs from Americans with our little Taiwan 50cc scoots. I also called the company on an english line. They spoke better English than I do. The only draw back is that you have to do some home work for the Ventos. They don't have them listed though the CPI Hussar and MBK Evolis use the same Minarelli Horizantal AC engine. For any other parts you will have to do some measuring and guessing which is about all you are gonna get from a U.S. store anyway. Even the Airsal Cylinders from Provo don't list the vento as a model their cylinder kits will fit but they do list the other two I mentioned.

You have to watch the forums as well. Some people will give you crap for info. The only way to know for sure is to measure your parts. The other bit of advice I would give when listening to people in the forums is to pay little attention to people in the forums that don't ride the same scoot as you or say they have like 10k in miles on their scoot. Tunning issues are a little more universal but for parts stick with your "own kind". And the year matters as well. Hell some scooters will be different in the same production run sometimes so the only way to be certain is to measure and call the store if you don't know exactly what to meassure.

Oh so you aren't shock if you place an order, the shipping was over $70 to get it here in three days about $60 for 5 days. But if you buy a lot of stuff, the shipping increase form there isn't much. ::handleba

The kit works on the Vento, it also works with CPI and United Motors. I've seen the kits installed and last a long time.'